Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Author Spotlight: Elizabeth Seckman


Please welcome my friend Elizabeth Seckman! Liz will discuss her Oscar picks. 

So, here are my picks for The Oscars:

Best picture: Gravity. The premise of this movie seems boring, but soooo many of my friends have seen it and loved it, there has to be some magic to it.

Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio. Seriously? How has he not won one yet? He's going to get a life time achievement award before they give him an Oscar. Geesh.

Best Actress: Sandra Bullock. Evidently she nearly single-handedly rocked that two person movie cast. That's pretty amazing!

Best Supporting Actor: Bradley Cooper. Can we say hot, hot hot?

Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o. She has such a fresh, natural beauty. And she looks a little sad. This would make her smile.

Those are my picks. Can't wait to see if I'm right!

Thank you, Liz!

13 comments:

  1. I'm not even going to try to guess this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine were total guesses. Absolutely no first hand knowledge of any of these movies.

      Delete
  2. I loved Gravity! I realized at the end of the movie I was sitting with my entire body tense almost the entire time. So good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see that movie. Everyone I've talked to that saw it, loved it.

      Delete
  3. I forgot about Gravity . . . really should see it before Oscar night! I used to do an Oscar dinner party every year, but haven't done it in quite some time. Oh, probably about the time I became an obsessive writer in 2009, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to watch with my mom, now I have a house full of boys who would have to be tied down and forced to watch.

      Delete
  4. I have seen none of the films that are in the running. I have had a poor film-watching year. But at least I saw Man of Steel almost immediately - and that makes me happier than seeing all the other films :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kind of movies (like Man of Steel) like I run to see, never make the running. I guess we just aren't classy movie pickers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Livia for having me over!!! I can't compete with your wise movie reviews and picks, but I gave it a shot. I'm curious to see if I get any of them right :)

    Thanks again awesome lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you be shocked to know I haven't seen Gravity yet? It's one I really want to see. I've heard such fantastic things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it either, but I want to. I have had sooo many people tell me it's awesome. And I love Sandra Bullock. But I don't go out to movies very often. It's so expensive and with four kids...well, budgets must be adhered to!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I read there is a group ready to give Hollywood thunder if he is passed over again. I thought he had won for Titanic...I was wrong.

      Delete