Friday, December 20, 2013

In Theatres NOW

"Anchorman: The Legend Continues" and "Walking with Dinosaurs" opened on Wednesday, December 18.
 
Two Oscar contenders hit the cinemas today: "American Hustle" and "Saving Mr. Banks". I am very excited to see "Hustle" and "Mr. Banks" -- they'll be all kinds of awesome.


Directed by David O. Russell
Starring Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, and Jennifer Lawrence

"American Hustle" Synopsis
A con man, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive British partner, Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild FBI agent, Richie DiMaso. DiMaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia. Rated R.


Directed by John Lee Hancock
Starring Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks

"Saving Mr. Banks" Synopsis
Author P. L. Travers reflects on her difficult childhood while meeting with filmmaker Walt Disney during production for the adaptation of her novel, Mary Poppins. Rated PG-13.

I am seeing "American Hustle" and "Saving Mr. Banks" (as a double feature) this weekend!
Are you seeing "Anchorman 2", "Walking with Dinosaurs", "American Hustle", or "Saving Mr. Banks" this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Hoping to see Saving Mr. Banks before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see American Hustle. Saving Mr. Banks is a maybe with my budget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of these, so thanks very much for letting me know. I've always adored Mary Poppins, so now that you've clued me in, I'm really looking forward to "Saving Mr. Banks." Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. American Hustle sounds great. Have seen good reviews. I'm looking forward to the new Wall Street with Leonardo too ! Happy Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to see Saving Mr. Banks. I've heard great things about it.

    Merry Christmas, Livia. And here's to a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete