Friday, December 13, 2013

In Theatres NOW

Two new movies hit the cinemas today: The highly anticipated "The Hobbit: The Desolation of the Smaug" and a comedy "Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas".

December has been an awesome month in movies despite I missed "Out of the Furnace" last weekend. I will definitely catch it on rent though.

I am taking the awards season seriously now -- will be seeing "American Hustle", "Saving Mr. Banks", "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", and "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty". My Oscar predictions will be posted soon. It is the most unpredictable awards season ever this year. I am rooting for "12 Years a Slave" as of right now. It is a stunning historical film that puts you in Solomon Northup's (Chiwetel Ejiofer) shoes.


Directed by Peter Jackson
Starring Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, and Richard Armitage

"The Hobbit: The Desolation of the Smaug" Synopsis
The dwarves, along with Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey, continue their quest to reclaim Erebor, their homeland, from Smaug. Bilbo Baggins is in possession of a mysterious and magical ring. Rated PG-13.
 

Directed by Tyler Perry
Starring Tyler Perry, Chad Michael Murray, and Tika Sumpter

"Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas" Synopsis
Madea dispenses her unique form of holiday spirit on rural town when she's coaxed into helping a friend pay her daughter a surprise visit in the country for Christmas. Rated PG-13.

I am seeing "The Desolation of the Smaug" on Sunday, December 15! Cannot wait to see it! I am so ready to go on another adventure with Bilbo Baggins and the dwarves.

Are you seeing "The Desolation of the Smaug" this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Seeing The Hobbit this afternoon!
    I know you are serious about your Oscars. Definitely want to see Saving Mr. Banks and while I might not make it to the theaters to see them, American Hustle and Wolf of Wall Street look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping me up to date with the movies. I'm seeing the Hobbit next week. I hope the Madea movie comes to Ghana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to see The Hobbit tomorrow. Verra excited! Looking forward to your Oscar predictions, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hobbit looks great! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you didn't like the second Hobbit movie, but what's up with these goofy Tyler Perry movies???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the old Walter Mitty movie. I wonder if this one will be as good.

    ReplyDelete