Friday, November 22, 2013

In Theatres NOW

Two new movies open in cinemas today: The highly anticipated "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and the comedy "Delivery Man".
 
"12 Years a Slave" is brilliant. Every American should see it despite its subject-of-matter. "Thor 2" and "Great Expectations" are disappointing.
 
 
Directed by Francis Lawrence
Starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Stanley Tucci, Woody Harrelson, and Elizabeth Banks
 
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" Synopsis
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem. Rated PG-13.
 
 
Directed by Ken Scott
Starring Vince Vaugn and Chris Pratt

"Delivery Man" Synopsis
An affable underachiever finds out he's fathered 533 children through anonymous donations to a fertility clinic 20 years ago. Now he must decide whether or not to come forward when 142 of them file a lawsuit to reveal his identity. Rated PG-13.
 
Are you seeing "Catching Fire" or "Delivery Man" this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Livia, I know you've been anxiously awaiting "Catching Fire." Hope you enjoy it and am looking forward to your review. "Delivery Man" I'm not so anxious to see...Vince Vaughn's routine and slant he brings to all his roles is getting tiresome.

    M.L. Swift, Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't like the Hunger Games, so definitely not seeing the sequel. My wife thinks Delivery Man might have a sweet spirit, but will wait for video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I think sperm donors have the right to anonymity if that's what they were guaranteed when they gave it. Nice movie idea but I rarely go to the movies for comedies. Catching Fire is at the top of my list and Twelves Years as a Slave hasn't arrived yet. Thor 2 is still on my watch list so I hope it's not too disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to both, but I probably won't have time to see them in theaters. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see Delivery Man. Not a fan of Hunger Games. Just not my kind of story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hunger Games was utterly fantastic! Loved every minute of it. Delivery Man really isn't my cup of tea--I don't much care for Vince Vaugn, but the subject matter is something I cover in one of my courses so I might rent it just for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well since I'm late making my blog rounds, I know from FB that you've seen the movie and love it. So far I haven't heard anything negative about it. I know my daughter is anxious to see it! Glad it was a good time investment for you.

    ReplyDelete