Friday, November 8, 2013

In Theatres NOW

Two new movies hit the cinema today: The highly anticipated "Thor: The Dark World" and the sweet romance-comedy "About Time".

I am dying to see "Thor: The Dark World". I love the smokin' hot Chris Hemsworth. I plan on seeing "The Dark World" on Friday, November 15. On the other hand, "About Time" looks very charming.
 
"12 Years a Slave" debuted on October 18 in limited release and it is now playing nationwide. The film is playing in my local cinema. I hope "12 Years" stays there for at least three weeks, so I can see it. "12 Years a Slave" and "Gravity" are competing for Best Picture.
 
 
Directed by Alan Taylor
Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, and Tom Hiddleston
 
"Thor: The Dark World" Synopsis
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all. Rated PG-13.
 
 
Directed by Richard Curtis
Starring Domhnall Gleeson,  Rachel McAdams, and Bill Nighy
 
"About Time" Synopsis
At the age of 21, Tim discovers he can travel in time and change what happens and has happened in his own life. His decision to make his world a better place by getting a girlfriend turns out not to be as easy as you might think. Rated R.
 
 
Directed by Steve McQueen
Starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Lupita Nyong'o, Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Fassbender, and Brad Pitt
 
"12 Years a Slave" Synopsis
In the antebellum United States, Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York, is abducted and sold into slavery. Rated R. OSCAR CONTENDER!
 
Who is seeing "Thor: The Dark World" this weekend?
Have an awesome weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Very excited for Thor! Seeing it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing Thor is an hour. Speaking of which, I'd better get ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never actually saw the first Thor movie, though I do like Natalie Portman's other movies. The one movie I wanted to see, The English Teacher (which Julianne Moore starred in) was only released in a few theaters, none of which were in Chicago. Still miffed about that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try to see Thor this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thor is definitely going to be a top move at the box offices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen the first Thor! I really need to see that!

    Have a great weekend Livia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Benedict Cumberbatch in EVERY movie this year? Sheesh.

    Thor looks like a ton of fun - and there's nothing like a good rom-com sometimes, although I usually rent those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thor looks like a real winner! And I also tend to like the movies that girl has played in. Thanks, Livia!

    M.L. Swift, Writer

    ReplyDelete