Wednesday, November 27, 2013

In Theatres NOW and Happy Thanksgiving

Four new movies hit the cinemas today: "Frozen", "Black Nativity", "Homefront", and "Oldboy". You have a good selection of films here.

"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" is all kinds of awesome. It is better than the predecessor. I am seeing "Frozen" today and "Black Nativity" this weekend.
 
 
Directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee
Starring Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, and Idina Menzel
 
"Frozen" Synopsis
Fearless optimist Anna teams up with Kristoff in an epic journey, encountering Everest-like conditions, and a hilarious snowman named Olaf in a race to find Anna's sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom in eternal winter. Rated PG.
 
 
Directed by Kasi Lemmons
Starring Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, and Jennifer Hudson
 
"Black Nativity" Synopsis
A street-wise teen from Baltimore who has been raised by a single mother travels to New York City to spend the Christmas holiday with his estranged relatives, where he embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey. Rated PG.
 
 
Directed by Spike Lee
Starring Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen, and Samuel L. Jackson
 
"Oldboy" Synopsis
Obsessed with vengeance, a man sets out to find out why he was kidnapped and locked up into solitary confinement for 20 years without reason. Rated R.
 
 
Directed by Gary Fleder
Starring James Franco, Jason Statham, and Rachelle Lafevre
 
"Homefront" Synopsis
A former DEA agent moves his family to a quiet town, where he soon tangles with a local meth druglord. Rated R.
 
* * *
 
Thanksgiving
 
 
Have a  blessed Thanksgiving, everyone! Cherish the memories with your family and enjoy the delicious feast.
 
I am thankful for everything, including my awesome writerly friends. With that said, see you all after the long weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Thankful for you, Livia!
    I've seen the original Old Boy. Disturbing and gory film.
    Seeing Frozen this evening.
    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original Oldboy is one of my favorites. Brilliant. Will be watching the remake just out of curiosity, but it can't possibly be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Livia if it weren't for you, I'd never know what's in the theaters. Glad there are some kiddo movies out there. Holidays wouldn't be the same without a couple hokey kid-flicks! Happy holidays to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! My sister and I plan to see Frozen tomorrow. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving. I'm seeing Catching Fire this weekend and Frozen sometime in December.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Livia! I don't think I"ve ever visited your blog before...just interacted on facebook. I can't wait to see 'Catching Fire.' I've heard such great things about it. I daresay I'll get to see it for free on the plane as I fly overseas next week!

    Thanks for the heads up for the movies. I know you're a real fan!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to the movies in ages. We generally rent the older ones. But I think we will go to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will have to take the kids to see Frozen. :)

    ReplyDelete