Monday, October 14, 2013

Review: Gravity

 
"Gravity" Review
I love "Gravity". It felt like five minutes long. I was begging for more. The editing and pacing is perfect -- to the point where you do not notice the hour and half gone by.
 
Sandra Bullock and George Clooney deliver Oscar-worthy performances. However, this film belongs to Bullock. Her emotions are powerful and tangible.
 
"Gravity" will give you connections that you never receive when watching films. I felt like I knew Dr. Ryan Stone and Matt Kowalski.
 
The script is weak and somewhat predictable, but the performances and visual effects made up for it. The synopsis can be summed up in one sentence: Dr. Ryan Stone is stranded in space.
 
The visual effects are realistic and stunning. It feels as if you are in space. The 3D enhances the story. You can almost feel and touch the space debris. Yes, I literally grabbed for the debris and tried to throw it out of my way.  Or I was trying my hardest to get the debris out of Dr. Ryan Stone's way, so she could survive.
 
I have no idea how director Alfonso Cuaron made "Gravity". I was simply blown away on many levels. You definitely will, too. Do not make excuses to ignore "Gravity", because you will regret it in the long run.
 
"Gravity" must be seen in cinemas and in 3D. Do not wait to see this film on home video. If you do, it is your loss and my gain. A
 
I am considering my second viewing in cinemas -- already. It is that good.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great film, especially the way you were drawn into it like that. To be honest, I hadn't actually heard of it until you were posting your Facebook countdown until you could see it :-) Films you want to see again straight away are something very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of Sandra Bullock, making Gravity a movie I need to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with your review. The script was weak and predictable, but the acting and cinematography more than made up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to see this for the Bullock/Clooney factors alone. I have crushes on both of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a really simplistic story, but not one we've seen pulled off so well. And the pacing and length of the film are perfect. Knew it wouldn't disappoint you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope I can scrounge up the money to see it this month. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'm fully convinced!! Looking for tickets now...

    ReplyDelete