Friday, October 25, 2013

In Theatres NOW

Two new movies hit the cinemas today: "Bad Grandpa" and "The Counselor". "Bad Grandpa" looks so stupid that I will not bother to see it in cinemas. On the other hand, "The Counselor" looks very suspenseful and intense which is right up my alley.
 
I urge you NOT to see "The Fifth Estate" in cinemas. It is the worst film I have seen this year. Benedict Cumberbatch doesn't save the film.
 
With that said, here is the lowdown of the new films - now playing in cinemas nationwide.
 
 
Directed by Jeff Tremaine
Starring Johnny Knoxville, Jackson Nicoll, and Spike Jonze
 
"Bad Grandpa" Synopsis
86-year-old Irving Zisman is on a journey across America with the most unlikely companion: his 8 year-old grandson, Billy. Rated R.
 
 
Directed by Ridley Scott
Starring Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Javier Bardem, and Brad Pitt
 
"The Counselor" Synopsis
The film portrays a nightmarish scenario, in which a respected lawyer's one-time dalliance with an illegal business deal spirals out of control. Rated R.
 
Are you seeing "Bad Grandpa" or "The Counselor" this weekend?
I am seeing "The Counselor" on Sunday, October 27! Can't wait to see it!

5 comments:

  1. The Counselor wasn't released for early reviews though. That always makes me leery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Thanks for the heads-up on the Fifth Estate. I love Benedict Cumberbatch so I was considering seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son just returned from Bad Grandpa and he enjoyed it. But then he also enjoys sticking needles in his thumb and grossing me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to ask you whether or not I should see something before I see it! ;-)

    Thanks, Livia. <3

    ReplyDelete