Friday, October 18, 2013

In Theatres NOW

Three new movies hit the cinema today: "The Fifth Estate", "Escape Plan", and the remake "Carrie". I am featuring two out of the three, as I dislike horror films. All the films are rated R, for different reasons by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). Oscar contender "Twelve Years a Slave" opened in limited release today.

If you have not seen "Gravity" yet, I urge you to see it in the cinemas and in 3D. Despite Hollywood is releasing a slew of "Oscar hopefuls" or "For Your Consideration" films during this time a year, "Gravity" is the one to see as it is a sure thing to receive nominations for the performances and visual effects. It is anyone's game right now for the Oscar race. I am trying to keep up as it is -- seeing a film in cinemas every weekend whether or not it is in Oscar contention.
 
 
Directed by Bill Condon
Starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Daniel Bruhl
 
"The Fifth Estate" Synopsis
A dramatic thriller based on real events that reveals the quest to expose the deceptions and corruptions of power that turned an Internet upstart into the 21st century's most fiercely debated organization. Rated R.
 
 
Directed by Mikael Hafstrom
Starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger
 
"Escape Plan" Synopsis
When a structural-security authority finds himself set up and incarcerated in the world's most secret and secure prison, he has to use his skills to escape with help from the inside. Rated R.
 
Are you seeing "The Fifth Estate", "Escape Plan" or "Carrie" this weekend?
I am seeing "The Fifth Estate" and "Gravity" -- AGAIN as a double feature this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Skipping all three. Just not sure Stallone and Schwarzenegger can pull off that kind of film anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on horror films. Not my cup of tea! So I'm not going to see Carrie. And I'm still on the fence about the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't enjoy horror films either. I'm pretty excited to watch The Fifth Estate.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to see Carrie- not that I like horror films- I just really liked the original and would like to see what they do with it.

    ReplyDelete