Friday, October 11, 2013

In Theatres NOW

The hype for "Gravity" will not scale down quite yet. I am so excited to see the one film that has everyone marketing it as "awesome" and "must-see in cinemas and in 3D" last weekend and continuing to do so. I get your point.
 
Two new movies open in cinemas today! "Captain Phillips" is coming off as an possible Oscar contender. "Machete Kills" looks terrible based on what I've seen from the previews.
 
 
Directed by Paul Greengrass
Starring Tom Hanks and Barkhad Abdi
 
"Captain Phillips" Synopsis
The true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the US-flagged MV Maersk Alabama, the first American cargo ship to be hijacked in two hundred years. Rated PG-13.

 
Directed by Robert Rodriguez
Starring Danny Trejo, Mel Gibson, Demian Bichir, Michelle Rodriguez, and Sofia Vergara
 
"Machete Kills" Synopsis
The U.S. government recruits Machete to battle his way through Mexico in order to take down an arms dealer who looks to launch a weapon into space. Rated R.
 
Are you seeing "Gravity", "Captain Phillips" or "Machete Kills" this weekend?
I am seeing "Gravity" and "Captain Phillips" as a double feature.

5 comments:

  1. I hope to see Gravity. Tiny budget limits the chance of the Tom Hanks movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a really great commercial that almost makes me want to see Machete Kills in theaters, but I'll still wait for NetFlix. Seeing Captain Phillips today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see Captain Phillips, but will probably have to wait a week. Looking forward to your review of it and Gravity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not seeing any of them until you weigh in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My "boys" want to see the Tom Hanks film, but it looks a little too intense for me. I do like my light-hearted "fluff". Like Elizabeth, I'll wait to read what you have to say about it first.

    ReplyDelete