Friday, October 4, 2013

In Theatres NOW

Two new movies opened today! However, I highly recommend seeing "Rush" -- it provides breathtaking insight into Formula One racing, and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda in 1976. "Cloudy Chance of Meatballs 2" is a huge step down compared to the original, but it's fun to watch.
 
As the 2014 Oscar Season continues, more Oscar contenders will be released in cinemas. You have "Gravity" this weekend. The previews look stunning, and I can't wait to see it. (Unfortunately, I am not seeing "Gravity" this weekend, so please let me know how it is. I will definitely see the film in cinemas sooner than later because it will be awesome.)

 
Directed by Alfonso Cuaron
Starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney
 
"Gravity" Synopsis
A medical engineer and an astronaut work together to survive after an accident leaves them adrift in space. Rated PG-13. OSCAR CONTENDER!
 
 
Directed by Brad Furman
Starring Ben Affleck, Justin Timberlake, and Gemma Arterton
 
"Runner Runner" Synopsis
When a poor college student who cracks an online poker game goes bust, he arranges a face-to-face with the man he thinks cheated him, a sly offshore entrepreneur. Rated R.
 
Have an awesome weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Seeing Gravity this afternoon! Very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rush...that's the one with the naked Thor, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recs - I'm changing my mind about Gravity. The first preview I saw wasn't great, but now I'm convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still on the fence about Gravity--will have to wait until I get feedback from others before I commit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is really looking forward to seeing Rush he is a huge formula one fan!

    ReplyDelete