Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Gravity

 
NOW PLAYING!
IN 2D, 3D, AND IMAX 3D!
 
I have not seen Gravity yet. I know the majority of moviegoers have already seen it on opening weekend. I know, I know -- Gravity MUST be seen in cinemas and in 3D. I must have read that sentence about a million times last weekend. With that said, I am so looking forward to seeing Gravity this weekend and join everyone else who've seen it.
 
I have ridiculously high expectations for the film -- the performances and the visual effects. I think Gravity will leave me speechless and blown away on many levels.
 
I am worried about the 3D. I've seen films in 3D before and for the most part, it is not effective at all. I have hopes for Gravity to be an exception.
 
Based on what I've seen from the trailers, director Alfonso Cuarón made a film that you've never seen before in cinema. The vastness of space looks real even from the previews.
 
Gravity is in the 2014 Oscar race for the performances and the technical categories. I can't say for sure if it will win awards in those areas. 
 
I understand the hype that happened on its opening weekend. Everyone was so excited and thrilled about the film. In its second week of theatrical release, I will have as much hype as there was last weekend -- literally. Of course, I will be buckled in for ride.
 
I believe Gravity will not disappoint. The film must live up to its hype or else. Anyway, I will most likely be stunned. For your information, I am seeing Gravity in 3D.
 
Now can we get to this weekend, please?
Have you seen Gravity, and what is your opinion?

4 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to "Gravity," but waiting for the crowds to thin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3D isn't intrusive and there are a couple powerful scenes where is it used in the simplest fashion. The movie itself is so simple, I think it would lose a lot not to see it in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it yet. I normally shy away from 3D as it often looks goofy to me, but since Alex says the 3D adds a lot to the movie, now I'm thinking I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope but the internet is buzzing with praise.

    ReplyDelete