Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Author Spotlight: Jeremy Hawkins


 Please welcome Jeremy Hawkins, author of It's Time!

One of the greatest geek out moments in my life let me explain while I was working on a television show in the 90’s I told myself that I would quit if this ever happened. So I had been doing interviews with people who came into town, that we got the chance to talk with and this became my thing. We had other host that covered their specialty or things that they enjoyed; mine was of a nerdy kind. In my mind I said I would quit if I ever interviewed someone for Star Trek…

In walk George Takei and Nichelle Nichols from the Star Trek original show, I heard they were coming, but at first it was separately. I could handle one on one, but it changed quick, we had a change of set up from me against a wall to a 25 by 25 area being roped off with security every where. I see these two iconic people making it my way and I start to panic as I should. I was a no one compared to these people/celebrities, starting to sweat as they make the ropes. Greets are exchanged along with healthy handshakes to small talk of the weirdest kind, I mean they could see me to be nervous as they told me they were just people. I knew that as it set my mind at ease, we told the area no photos to be taken during the interview… except out photographer so you see Mr. Takei pointing out that someone was taking photos. It was cool, period.

Now we had only a ten minute window to get this in the can, which turned into a half hour of me and them chatting. I almost forgot that there were hundreds of fans in this surrounding us, we laughed… I got Ms. Nichols to sing for me, she is lovely. I ask the questions like a pro, one to George… “What is a question that no one has every ask you”, his response was “Jeremy I have been asked every question over the years”… I then asked him my question… he looked at me and said “wow, no one ever asked that”… So it was a blur, wonderful and coolest adventure I think I have ever experienced. It was over and they posed for a few photos, signed a few autographs for the crew and greets became good-byes.

Oh you wonder what I asked George that stumped him, well please visit my next date on the tour and I will be sure to tell you ... thank you!

Thank you for sharing this with us, Jeremy!

* * *
 
It's Time Synopsis
It's a four book series 40 pages each and it is the art/design from things I had designed over the years. It's a mish-mash of things that I had seen in my head... and some are future designs that will become shirts. Places I wanted to go artistically as you travel from where I was to where I am now. Is it great journey!  Titles came from the idea of time "12:34, 35, 36 and 37” seems that is when my best ideas came to me... day or night. It's funny I never considered myself a "writer" just a man who likes to paint a canvas if it be words or my art/design.

18 comments:

  1. We have to wait until the next stop?
    Thirty minutes with them - that would be so awesome. And Nichols sang for you? Any chance you have this interview on tape anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get that footage from the editor, it would be nice to see that again. I was in awe the whole time.

      Delete
  2. Jeremy's experience sounds wonderful. If I met people I looked up so I'd feel the same way. Congrats on the series Jeremy.

    I see from comments that you might not have read David King's take on Woven being cancelled and the real reason why. Please visit this link if you haven't: http://www.davidpowersking.com/2013/08/unwoven-how-one-word-lead-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even better when they don't come off as jerks, these two were the nicest people...

      Delete
  3. So lovely, star struck - I would have been too, and I don't consider myself so easily swayed by celebrity, but maybe thats because I've never met any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy to slip, if you think to hard about it... I know I had to many wow moments.

      Delete
  4. A delightful story it is ... wonder what would happen if you run into Seven of Nine or T'Pal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a pleasure I am sure... wait what were we talking about...

      Delete
  5. What a story!
    I'm wondering what was the question that you asked George...?
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good and simple question that looped him... I think I forgot to share it...

      Delete
  6. Wow that sounds like an amazing experience! Can't wait to see what you asked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might compile my encounters into a ebook, then title it that question... gives me an idea.

      Delete
  7. What???? We don't get to know what question was asked???? *dies*

    Entertaining post. I really do want to know the question, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to have you follow along my tour... now the problem is i forgot to make mention of it I think... they were some good people...

      Delete
  8. You are the man! Nicole sang for you? I am so envious. And you make us wait until the next stop for the question? Mean. Just mean! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was i think her song from Trek V... it was wonderful. and waiting... waiting, you will have to follow.

      Delete
  9. It's so easy for us to forget that these are just people, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. But to have it confirmed by the individuals themselves in such a relaxing, friendly, warm manner just makes you glad to have finally met them.

    Sadly, nowadays, too many are up their own behinds and such entitled people, it really does sour your opinion of their industry as a whole.

    Very cool story, Jeremy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so mean, so mean!!!! what a hooker!! i mean, like by leaving us hooked. not literally....whoa.

    ReplyDelete