Monday, July 1, 2013

July Movie Preview

 
Hollywood has another awesome month of movies! Can't wait to see The Lone Ranger, Despicable Me 2, Grown Ups 2, R.I.P.D., and Red 2. With that said, here's my June Movie Preview. 
 
Wednesday, July 3
The Lone Ranger - Native American warrior Tonto recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid, a man of the law, into a legend of justice. Rated PG-13.
 
Despicable Me 2 - Gru is recruited by the Anti-Villain League to help deal with a powerful new super criminal. Rated PG.

Friday, July 12
Pacific Rim - When an alien attack threatens the Earth's existence, giant robots piloted by humans are deployed to fight off the menace. Rated PG-13.
 
Grown Ups 2 - After moving his family back to his hometown to be with his friends and their kids, Lenny (Adam Sandler), finds out that between old bullies, new bullies, schizo bus drivers, drunk cops on skis, and 400 costumed party crashers sometimes crazy follows you. Rated PG-13.
 
Wednesday, July 17
Turbo - A freak accident might just help an everyday garden snail achieve his biggest dream: winning the Indy 500. Rated PG.
 
Friday, July 19
R.I.P.D - A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him. Rated PG-13.
 
Red 2 - Retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device. Rated PG-13.
 
The Conjuring - Paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren work to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in their farmhouse. Forced to confront a powerful entity, the Warrens find themselves caught in the most terrifying case of their lives. Rated R.
 
Friday, July 26
The Wolverine - Wolverine makes a voyage to modern-day Japan, where he encounters an enemy from his past that will impact on his future. Rated PG-13.
 
The To-Do List - Feeling pressured to become more sexually experienced before she goes to college, Brandy Clark makes a list of things to accomplish before hitting campus in the fall. Rated R.
 
What films are you seeing this month?

7 comments:

  1. I think Despicable Me 2 is likely to be great but I can't get pumped up enough to go see it. In DM1 we got a very good idea of the characters who starred but on the television previews I barely get a sense beyond Gru, his minions that crazy 'neighbour' lady. Anyway I think July has a great line-up (including The Wolverine) and I'm certain loads of people will find something to enjoy. What about Dreamwork's Turbo? That's an animated movie I'm dying to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of interesting movies coming out, but I probably won't see any of them. I'm still trying to figure out how I can work a three hour road trip into my schedule so I can get to a theater showing Much Ado About Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of movies coming out this month. Pacific Rim is the big one for me. And we'll be seeing Despicable Me 2 on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in for Turbo and Pacific Rim! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love summer movie season!! great films coming up! really looking forward to lone ranger and ripd, i love humor in my action films!

    unfortunately i expect to be disappointed by despicable me 2...

    thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be seeing Despicable Me 2 and The Long Ranger. I look forward to your reviews on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely going to see Wolverine...my husband wouldn't miss that for the world!

    ReplyDelete