Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Author Spotlight: Cassie Mae



Please welcome Cassie Mae, author of Friday Night Alibi!

 
Hey everyone!

I’m over here at Livia’s (who is awesomazing) and she’s asked me to talk about my writing process.
It pretty much goes like this…
 
Oh! Shiny idea! Must put this down!
 
*pulls out computer and writes diligently*
 
Okay, okay, getting to the middleish, kinda slow. Maybe I need a sprint with my buddies to keep going.
 
*farts around on Pinterest*
 
I think I got over my slump. Had to add a kissing scene to help.
 
*blushes while typing super hotness*
 
Getting close to the end. Holy cow, it’s almost here! Just a few chapters to go! I can do this!
 
*farts around on Pinterest*
 
Oh my gosh, I did it. I finished!
 
*drinks a 20 oz Mountain Dew to celebrate*
 
Two weeks later…
Guess I should edit this thing.
 
*Pulls out WIP*
 
Oh my gosh, I’m hilarious!
 
*pats self on back*
 
And… I totally suck. What is this crap?
 
*chucks computer across room*
 
I know I was trying to say something here, but I have no idea what it is.
 
*leaves it for critique partners to point out*
 
Okay, I guess it’s not that bad. But there are glaringly obvious things wrong, but I can’t look at it any more.
 
*sends it to first round of critiques*
 
Get notes. Edit.
 
*send to second round*
 
Get notes. Edit. Repeat at least five more times.
 
Time to go to the agent!
 
She’s going to hate it.
 
*hits refresh a million times*
 
She hates it. Oh my gosh, she hates it! Otherwise, she would’ve sent it back by now.
 
*hits refresh some more*
 
Wait… I think I’m supposed to be working on another book right now.
 
*pulls up new doc with fresh idea*
 
Oh! An email! She loved it! Whoot!
 
*dances around computer and shimmies at hubby*
 
Time to pitch to the editor!
 
*sits and types new book to take mind off book on submission*
 
Starts the process all over again till there’s an offer, a rejection, or just plain waiting. It never ends. Because no matter what, editing comes next.
 
No wonder writers are cray-cray. Or maybe that’s just me.

Thank you, Cassie!

8 comments:

  1. LOL! My own creative process tends to be "cray-cray" like this, too. Comes with the territory, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no problem picturing that! And you are hilarious, Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally cray-cray, and that's from before I was a writer, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Yeah, this sounds about right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We writers are often a cray-cray bunch. I think the normal ones hide from us. Cassie, hilarious as always. *Bows*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're poor computer, she must be all duct-taped together by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty cray-cray when it comes to writing too.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That all sounds so familiar! All but the shimmying around the hubs. I don't know if I know how to shimmy. ;)

    ReplyDelete