Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wicked The Musical

 
I had seen the stage musical Wicked on Thursday, June 13! I missed the first fifteen minutes or so, but I was immersed into this story. I did not want it to end. When the intermission started, I had to buy the soundtrack. I fell in love with the music right away.
 
The performances are fantastic. The characters delivered in-depth emotion. I cared for them all the time. I rooted for both Elphaba and Galinda (later Glinda).
 
Wicked is a memorable theatrical experience. My favorite song is "Defying Gravity". This live performance made a bold statement with several messages.
 
The company is currently touring, so it may be near you. Take advantage to see this musical! It definitely defies gravity and nobody can pull it down. You can buy tickets on the official website!

8 comments:

  1. I saw this musical last year when I was in London - loved it! It's definitely a new kind of magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love theater productions.

    You look cute as a button BTW...love that dress! You're a styling chick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so pretty, Livia! Love the picture. And yaaaay for Wicked. I still haven't seen it--but of course I know the music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I get to see this in August for my birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check tour dates. Haven't seen a play in years. Not since I lived in London!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this one in New York City about five years ago! It is an awesome show and it's one of my favorite soundtracks. Glad you got to see it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so, so excited to hear it was coming back to Milwaukee! An amazing show with incredible music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry stuck in Jamaica but I've heard a lot of good things about this musical and the book. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete