Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Author Spotlight: Celeste Holloway


Please welcome Celeste Holloway, author of Sebastian Falls!

Thanks for saving me a spot on your blog! Okay, so you want me to tell you how Alex J. Cavanaugh’s Insecure Writers Support Group has helped me thrive as a writer?

Well, truthfully, you’ve all kept me from jumping a few times! Kidding, kidding, but really, there have been a many of 1st Wednesdays where I was in the depths of darkness and doubt, in search of motivation to keep going. If not for all the support and encouragement, I might have given up writing. I think what makes our group so special is the fact that we can all relate to each other. And let’s face it, in our everyday lives, most of us aren’t surrounded by people patting us on the back while we sweat out another paragraph. And nobody else understands that trolling social media sites are actually part of our job descriptions.

With all that being said, IWSG is my beacon in the storm, and it is a safe haven away from my monthly strife. Thank you all for your kind words and votes of confidence. Smoochies, smoochies, all around.

Thank you, Celeste!

19 comments:

  1. Yes. Yes. and Yes! IWSG is definitely a beacon. What would we do without it? See you next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd all be nuttier than we already are, T.! Yep, see ya next week. Hard to believe its almost that time again! :)

      Delete
  2. Celeste and IWSG are both great and a reason to look forward to the first Wednesday of the month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Mark! Dito! I could say the same about you. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Livia & Celeste,

    The support of other writers has proven invaluable, so I understand all you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, J.L.! It is for sure. Nobody else gets it like another writer. :)

      Delete
  4. Don't jump!! You'll mess up your hair and maybe even break a leg.

    Alex is awesome. Seriously. And so are Celeste and Livia. It's like a perfect people triple play here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's right, I don't want to mess up my hair! Glad I have you, my voice of reason to keep me from risking hair and leg! (those are seperate,not hairy leg, lol)

      Delete
  5. Celeste, that is awesome! That is why I started the group. For you. For everyone who needs a boost.
    And thanks Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, I know you hear this all the time, but you're AWESOME! I'm so glad I joined your group. It really has been a sanity saver. :)

      Delete
  6. Celeste is spot on. I know IWSG has helped me a ton too. It's an amazing group. Thanks for the post, Livia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Morgan! I'm still thinking about your brave post and applauding you! :)

      Delete
  7. Its great to meet Celeste and best wishes to her and her recent release Sebastian Falls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. IWSG is a great way to vent a little and get to know other writers. It's less lonely out there. Alex has done a great service to the community through this. Nice to see you here, Celeste and best to you on your book.

    ReplyDelete