Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Great Gatsby

 
Directed by Baz Luhrmann
Starring Carey Mulligan and Leonardo DiCaprio
In theatres this Friday!!!
 
I can't describe how excited I am for The Great Gatsby. I've been hyped about this film since last year and it will finally release in theatres.
 
I'm dying to see The Great Gatsby! I love Baz Luhrmann's films - his style of storytelling is undeniable and very emotional. I've seen Romeo & Juliet and Australia (also directed by Luhrmann) and they're incredible films. I admire the director and that's huge for me. I love Carey Mulligan and Leonardo DiCaprio. I know in my guts that Mulligan and DiCaprio will deliver excellent, perhaps Oscar-worthy performances.
 
I'm definitely seeing The Great Gatsby this weekend because I can't wait any longer. I've waited long enough. I just want to see it now!
 
"Repeat the past?"
"Of course, you can. Of course, you can."
 
I have very high expectations for The Great Gatsby. My hopes are Luhrmann delivers an emotional and immersive cinematic experience. I want to be transported to the Roaring Twenties. I want to feel Daisy and Gatsby's emotions. I want to feel like I'm at a Gatsby party and having fun.
 
I know The Great Gatsby will be an excellent film, but I'm worrying as well. What if the film doesn't deliver my high expectations? I will see soon enough. I know I'll fall in love with this film. Just the director and actors are making me fall in love with The Great Gatsby and I haven't seen it yet. I've seen the trailer several times and I've already fallen in love. Expect The Great Gatsby film review next week.
 
Are you seeing The Great Gatsby this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite eras in history, so I'll probably see it for that fact alone.

    It looks pretty interesting, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see this too. Such a romantic era!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy it, Livia. I know how excited you are! Love the new banner, by the way. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever seen the one with Robert Redford?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wary because of some of the chatter but maybe your review will tip the balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely want to see this film. I remember watching Carey Mulligan in Northanger Abbey, and she was really good; I'm interested in seeing how she portrays Daisy. I have a free movie ticket, but due to the restrictions I have to wait until the movie's been out for two weeks before I can use it.

    By the way, there's an award for you on my blog. You don't necessarily have to tag anyone or answer the questions (though I'd be interested in reading your answers); I just wanted you to have the award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look like it could be a good film. I saw the one years ago with Robert Redford as well.

    ReplyDelete