Friday, May 31, 2013

June Movie Preview

 
Hollywood is releasing some awesome films this month. Can't wait to see The Internship, Man of Steel, Monsters University and The Heat! With that said, here's my June Movie Preview. I'm sharing the synopses (from the Internet Movie Database) and my commentary is in italics.
 
Friday, June 7
The Internship - Two salesmen whose careers have been torpedoed by the digital age find their way into a coveted internship at Google, where they must compete with a group of young, tech-savvy geniuses for a shot at employment. Rated PG-13. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn as Google interns = a must-see.
 
The Purge - A family is held hostage for harboring the target of a murderous syndicate during the Purge, a 12-hour period in which any and all crime is legalized. Rated R. I'm skipping this film.
 
Wednesday, June 12
This Is The End - While attending a party at James Franco's house, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse. Rated R. Funny men faced with an apocalypse would be hilarious, but I'm skipping it.
 
Friday, June 14
Man of Steel - A young journalist is forced to confront his secret extraterrestrial heritage when Earth is invaded by members of his race. Rated PG-13. This will be an epic cinematic experience. I'm definitely seeing Man of Steel. Can't wait!
 
Friday, June 21
Monsters University - A look at the relationship between Mike and Sulley during their days at Monsters University -- when they weren't necessarily the best of friends. Rated G. I used to be obsessed with Monsters, Inc., so definitely a must-see for me.
 
World War Z - United Nations employee Gerry Lane traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments, and threatening to decimate humanity itself. Rated PG-13. Brad Pitt and zombies will be weird, but I'll give World War Z a try.
 
Friday, June 28
The Heat - Uptight FBI special agent Sarah Ashburn is paired with testy Boston cop Shannon Mullins in order to take down a ruthless drug lord. The hitch: neither woman has ever had a partner -- or a friend for that matter. Rated R. I will laugh my head off. Period.
 
White House Down - While on a tour of the White House with his young daughter, a Capitol policeman springs into action to save his child and protect the president from a heavily armed group of paramilitary invaders. Rated PG-13. This film reminds me of Olympus Has Fallen. I'll see it for the eye-candy.
 
What films are you seeing this month?

10 comments:

  1. It's been years since I've gone to a movie theater, but I'll likely check out Monsters University when it's out on DVD. I loved the first film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a big Superman fan, so I'll probably wait to see that one on DVD. But I definitely want to see The Internship and The Heat. They look absolutely hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man of Steel, Monster University and White House Down are definitely on my list as well. Great choices Livia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got my June movies planned and Man of Steel tops the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your logic!! Eye candy on big screen is definitely a draw. I will definitely be seeing Superman...this group of men I live with will all be drooling for that. I'm intrigued by "This is the End"...could be hilarious...could be a flop. Too bad you're skipping it- I trust your thumbs ups and thumbs downs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ARGHHHHH!!!! MAN OF STEEL - AWESOME!!!!! Uh-hum, I mean, I'm quite looking forward to that one myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited to see Man of Steel - super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. White House Down sounds like a political version of Black Hawk Down :P I'd probably see it for the cheesy action candy. And I would definitely see World War Z as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite a list and some of these movies look pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I am dying for Man of Steel and The Heat. And of course, World War Z. I'm a zombie and werewolf lover. :)

    ReplyDelete