Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Jaws and Precious Embrace Cover Reveal


Directed by Steven Spielberg
Starring Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss

Synopsis
When a gigantic great white shark begins to menace the small island community of Amity, a police chief, a marine scientist and grizzled fisherman set out to stop it.

I've wanted to see Jaws for awhile now, but I've never been able to find the time to see it. Jaws is a classic, so I'll watch the film for its intriguing premise.
 
* * *
 
 
"A new love, a missing child, a family found"
 
Synopsis
A second divorce and a new baby wasn’t the vision Alison Hayes had for her future. Now a single mother with two young boys, she wants to focus on her kids and what’s left of her stagnant career.
 
When Detective Johnny Rhay Bennett breezes into her life with his country-boy accent, she wants to run. She doesn’t need another man in her life, or another reason to make people talk. But when her worst nightmare becomes a reality, Johnny is the only person who can pull Ali out of her despair, forcing her to stay strong and not give up hope of finding her missing child.
 
Who falls in love after a one-night stand? Johnny Rhay doesn’t believe it’s possible until it happens to him. With Nashville in his rear-view mirror, he’s determined to convince Alison she loves him too, even if it means moving to the West Coast.
 
Ali’s not easy, and she’s living on just this side of bitter after her divorce, but Johnny doesn’t care. He’s up for the challenge. At least, he believes he’s up for it until baby Micah is stolen right out from under his nose. Now Johnny has to keep it together and get that sweet little boy home safe before his dreams of having a family vanish too.
 
Precious Embrace is Book Two in the Embrace series by Dana Mason. Precious Embrace by Dana Mason will be released on July 11 by Sapphire Star Publishing.

20 comments:

  1. Jaws, yes great film for its time! Just that music sends shivers even now! Congrats to Dana on her forthcoming release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sea. Hubby doesn't. He thinks it could have been Jaws so many years ago, so I just don't want to watch it now. Would hate to lose my passion.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
    Visiting from AtoZ #41

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaw's such a good movie. Like poster Suzanne said above, the music does send shivers. Sure kept people out of the water for a few years.

    A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually read the book of Jaws long before I ever saw the movie. It's also a classic for its "creepy-something-bad-is-coming" movie music and/or sound effects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the movie at our local theatre 7 times! I was in love with roy schieder and richard dreyfuss. The shark wasnt bad either...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That movie still makes me nervous at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember a lot of people being 'afraid to go into the water' after seeing "Jaws". It's, sometimes, scary the influence Hollywood can have over the masses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaws is a fantastic movie! I grew up in California so watching Jaws as a kid was fascinating to me because I was so comfortable in the water.
    Thanks, Livia, for taking part in my cover reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book was so much better than the film which missed the whole point and went for the scare you rotten aspect. I enjoyed the film too, but preferred the book.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Dana.
    You HAVE to watch Jaws! Granted you won't ever want to go in the ocean after that. You might even avoid your bathtub for a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the movie but LOVED the book. I like to re-read it during summer at the lake:)) www.gracegritsgarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jaws was waaaay to real for me. Right after it came out we had shark attacks along the coast, but I think there was some hysteria involved. It still takes some courage for me to swim out very far into the Pacific and I used to be there lots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Dana! Jaws is a classic. I've never had a fear of sharks, but then again, I've only been to the ocean once in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I first saw jaws in 3-D. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every time i go to the Vineyard i think of jaws! Such a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll pick the riveting romance over the toothy ocean predator any day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never actually seen Jaws, either. For sure a classic. Those who have gone back to see it now, have told me how 'new' the CG effects are. Would be interesting to see, just for that.
    Great 'J' word.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Jaws, and especially the humor added. Sort of scary, but also hilarious.

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jaws is the best shark movie ever. But a recent good shark scare would be Shark Night. I like this book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cover, a nice relief after the Jaws poster. ;-)

    ReplyDelete