Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Very Inspiring Blogger Award

 
Thank you David Powers King for passing this awesome award onto me!
To accept this, I'll tell you seven things about myself and pass it onto fellow bloggers.
 
1. I've seen the Great Wall of China and the Forbidden City in China when I traveled there a couple of years ago. The sightseeing is historically epic. 
 
2. I can't watch horror films in theatres and on home video. I have nigtmares and they scare me every time I think about them.
 
3. I'm a Nicholas Sparks fan. I've read five Sparks' novels and fall in love when I read them. I've seen several of the film adaptations and they're just as good. Despite the novels and films are predictable, derivative and melodramatic, I still enjoy them.
 
4. I'm a regular moviegoer at the cinema. I enjoy escaping out of reality for two hours almost every weekend. I loved getting immersed into a film and seeing a story unfold onscreen. Nothing can get better than that. Since I love film so much, I'm chasing the dream to become a professional film critic.
 
5. I write mostly nonfiction such as film reviews and blog posts. I enjoy writing informative articles over fictional stories. I'm into the journalism aspect of writing, not writing imaginary places.
 
6. I believe in chasing your dreams and never giving up. Do whatever you have to do to see that dream become a reality. Nurture your passion to see it fulfilled. Write your heart out. See a bazillion films in theatres. Just chase that dream and say, "I can do this." If you put your heart to it, anything is possible.
 
7. I don't know how to use HTML. I think it's confusing and frustrating, so I don't use it that often. I'm not that computer savvy. I was lucky to figure out how to use a favicon for my blog!
 
I pass this award onto...

14 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Good choices to pass the award onto and it's always nice to get to know you more, Livia.

    Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch horror films at lunch time, at home, in the bright sunlight. I'm epically scared by most things. I was even hiding behind a cushion when I watched The Others (yes, I know now it's a 12 in the UK, and not scary, but you can never be too careful!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch horror for the same reasons than you. I don't even read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award!
    My husband is a huge horror movie fan, so I've seen more than I'd care to. They're not my favorite, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Livia! And thanks for passing it on to me! Totally made my day! I will be sure to share the love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are inspiring. That Dave is so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Love getting to know you a little more. Best:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see your answers. Those historical sights would be pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cover my eyes through most all of the movie. Oh, and plug my ears too. Can't stand the creepy music. And there is nothing wrong with Sparks. He has a true talent and can spin a mean love story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Livia! Don't worry, I won't drag you to a horror film. And what better way to spend part of the weekend than in a movie theater?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally a wimp when it comes to horror movies. I can't even watch the previews :)

    And thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm definitely not a fan of horror movies, either...I'd much rather watch a Nicholas Sparks movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your award. I am surprised how much you and I are alike. Although I do understand HTML (let me know if you want help) and I don't know Nicholas Sparks (although I will soon). I have walked the wall, love movies - never horror, and I do chase my dreams.

    ReplyDelete