Monday, January 21, 2013

What Are Your 18 Things? Blogfest

 
Jamie Ayres is hosting this awesome blogfest in celebration of her novel 18 Things! Thank you Jamie for hosting!
 
1. Become a professional film critic for one of the major publications.
2. Continue to encourage and support my fellow writers.
3. Attend writer conferences.
4. Meet my bloggy friends in person.
5. Attend the Milwaukee Film Festival, Comic-Con, et cetera.
6. Read some classical novels.
7. Find balance in life.
8. Attend a double-feature at the cinema.
9. Attend a midnight screening of a popular film.
10. Meet Chicago Sun-Times film critic Roger Ebert.
11. Learn to write fiction and show, not tell.
12. Vacation in Paris, Rome, and London.
13. Write film (and stage) screenplays.
14. Attend a movie junket.
16. See the Northern Lights.
17. See a total eclipse.
 
And best for last eighteen: See Les Miserables on stage in the United States and London. I've been a Les Mis fan ever since I've seen the film adaptation and love the music. I know the stage play has been seen by over sixty million people worldwide in twenty-one different languages, so that makes me want to see it more. It may take me awhile for me to visit England and see a West End Show (it being Les Miz), so for now I bought the 25th Anniversary Concert DVD. I bet it's just as good! Les Mis Official Website 
 
What's on your bucket list?

27 comments:

  1. Great Bucket List :)

    Good luck with all that, although you can sign off on #2 already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have so many fantastic goals, and they're all so varied, too. Good luck achieving all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, lots of great goals. Love #18. :)
    I want to go to Rome, too. And visit the town in England where my grandparents lived before moving to the US.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome bucket list! Good luck with all of them (and if you achieve #7, let me know your secret? I'm still struggling with that one).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really enjoying this 18 Things blogfest. Lots of great lists out there. I particular love your #18 goal. I saw Les Mis on Broadway about ten years ago and in doing so, got to cross something off my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very full bucket you have here. The double feature would be a real challenge for me. Tell us if you make it all the way through two shows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing Les Miserables in London was amazing - hope you get to see it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! We share quite a few of those! Les Miserables in London would be amazing - also to be in London would be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the Northern Lights on my list, too. Visiting bloggy friends is a great idea, I've seen that one on some of the lists and it's so cool. I LOVE Les Miserables. Haven't seen it live, or the new movie, but I read the book (such amazing prose) and watched the older movie. I hope you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great list. I would love to see the Northern lights too. I experienced an eclipse a few years ago, it was something to remember even though it was a little cloudy so we didn't get the full effect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I love meeting bloggy friends in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent list! Popping over from the A-Z Challenge site to follow before it's time to get started this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've crossed some of those off my list. I pinned my list last night . . . it was great fun:-) Hopefully, I have #11 down with the release of 18 Things--an editor does wonders for catching the 'SNT' stuff. Thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list Livia! I have no doubt in my mind that you can and will accomplish everything on your list! And when you make it over to Paris, let me know and I'll be your tour guide! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see we have some similar goals. And I like Continue to encourage and support my fellow writers and see a solar eclipse!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your list is fabuluos, Livia! #7 I think is something I need to do also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have not made a bucket list...now, i'm totally thinking of it! great list

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great list!
    I'm in total 100% agreement on no#2...
    I think no#7 is something to work towards... lots are struggling in this department...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey! Just want to let you know that you've been nominated as New Blogger with Most Potential on my blog. Congrats!

    http://sylmion.blogspot.com/2013/01/news-day-week-3-announcing-nominees-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm also with IWSG...funny how our paths haven't crossed before. I just wanted to come by and congratulate you on your nomination at Misha's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just did number 12 and it was wonderful, and would love to see the northern lights too :) love your list

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list! I love the 25th anniversary of Les Mis.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've seen Les Mis in London. So amazing! I hope you get to see it there someday.

    ReplyDelete