Friday, January 11, 2013

Oscar Nominees and Zero Dark Thirty

 
Seth McFarlane and Emma Stone announced the Oscar nominees on Thursday, January 10! There's definitely obvious winners, but we'll see who will take home the gold on Sunday, February 24.
 
Best Picture
Who Should Win: Zero Dark Thirty/Argo
Who Will Win: Lincoln
 
Best Director
Who Should Win: Lincoln - Steven Spielberg
Who Will Win: Lincoln - Steven Spielberg
 
Short Review: Lincoln
Lincoln is realistic at the same time powerful. It takes history to the next level with engaging performances. If you must see this before the Oscars, you won't be disappointed.
 
More predictions coming soon!
 
Zero Dark Thirty
 
 
Kathryn Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty hits theatres in nationwide release today!
 
I'm seeing Zero Dark Thirty this weekend, so I have high expectations. I want to walk out of the theatre noting Zero Dark Thirty is one of the best films of 2012. I'll see this weekend, but I hope I haven't put my expectations too high.
 
Have you seen Zero Dark Thirty yet?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty, but I loved Lincoln! It's definitely a movie I want to see twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted my predictions today as well! Yes, Lincoln will win many. Not sure about Zero Dark Thirty. I didn't care for The Hurt Locker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Livia-- love reading your take on the movies. I know what a film lover you are. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to see Lincoln and honestly, until your review, I knew nothing about Zero. Thanks for the education!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Livia,

    Yes, it's me, captain of really important blogfest suggestions! :)

    I've heard mixed reviews about Zero Dark Thirty. I believe it really is subject to interpretation. I think "Bedknobs and Broomsticks"" should win an academy award.

    Have a good weekend, I'm outta' here....

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spot on predictions! Lincoln will definitely win because Daniel Day Lewis always wins! Now I want to see Zero Dark Thirty. I love the opening line to the trailer! That was bad-A!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen either, but I bet they're both good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting the presentation of nominees. It probably will be a close race between Lincoln, Argo and Zero Dark Thirty for Best Picture. Hope you enjoy Zero Dark Thirty. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope. My country is always late with releases. Sigh. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen it, but I'm curious as to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty. It's not available yet in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe that this year, as far as I know, I have not seen one single film yet that's up for an Oscar nomination. I guess I haven't been keeping up with the latest films very well.

    Welcome to the A to Z Team! We're gonna rock it this year.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete