Thursday, January 24, 2013

Author Spotlight: Elizabeth Seckman

 
Please welcome my friend Elizabeth Seckman, author of Past Due and Healing Summer!

Thanks for having me over and helping me out with my blog tour! It's good to have friends like you.
 
1. 50/50 - Kyle shows what being a friend is all about. And since it’s a true story…it’s taking the #1 spot!
2. Stand by Me - the bonds of childhood stick with us forever.
3. Shaun of the Dead - even in death, er well, un-death, these guys stay tight.
4. Lord of the Rings - can there be a better friend than Sam?
5. Lethal Weapon - these guys prove you can be total opposites and have each other’s backs.
6. Bad Boys - Mike and Marcus bicker like spouses, but there’s real love in that relationship.
7. Hang Over - Bromance at its finest. Allen was lonely and friendless…but he found his HEA.
8. Ted - who says both of you have to be human for the love to be real9. Sugar and Spice - one friend gets in trouble, so these sweet, but clueless girls go on a crime spree.
10. Harry Potter - the real magic in that movie was the love and loyalty of Harry and his pals.

Friendship…it’s a beautiful thing…in life, on movies, and in the blogosphere.

Thank you Liz!
 
And a $100 giveaway!

21 comments:

  1. Friendship is the best. Harry Potter would be my number one but 50/50 would be a great second. Such an inspirational movie. Hated that girlfriend though. You know who I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That girlfriend was a piece of work! I can understand putting Harry Potter first. :)

      Delete
  2. I liked that friendship that Harry, Hermione, and Ron shared; the book just wouldn't have been the same without their closeness. And Lord of the Rings would have been a very different movie if Frodo had made his entire journey on his own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, those wonderful relationships were crucial to those stories.

      Delete
  3. Lethal Weapon made me smile. As for Lord of the Rings, you're right. Sam is amazing. I just never saw it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Lethal Weapon. And who couldn't use a friend like Sam?

      Delete
  4. Samwise Gamgee! Sorry, I have to do that any time his name comes up. Awesome list of friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have to do the "stupid hobbit" line whenever anyone brings up the movie. So much excellence in that tale!

      Delete
  5. You've definitely got some good ones listed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son and husband helped. Bringing heads together is a good idea!

      Delete
  6. Wow! What a generous giveaway. Like I say on my blog: "No man is a failure who has friends."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a way to say thanks for putting up with me for a month!
      And I love that quote. Going to write it down and use it!

      Delete
  7. Welcome Elizabeth! Like the idea of posting a list of movies that represent your point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I knew Livia liked movies, so I thought I'd try to fit in with her style. :)

      Delete
  8. So cool to see Elizabeth around this blog world ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Livia for having me over. You are one of the best bloggy friends a person could have. Loves to ya Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your movie picks--nothing better than a good book or movie while eating cookies and drinking some coffee, IMHO!

    ReplyDelete