Friday, December 14, 2012

The Deja Vu Blogfest and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

 
D.L. Hammons is hosting the Deju Vu Blogfest!
Welcome to the Déjà vu Blogfest…the day to re-post one of your previous blogs from this year. Which one? How about your personal favorite…or one you feel didn’t get the recognition it deserved…or one that garnered the most comments. The choice is totally up to you.
Thank you D.L. for hosting!
 
My Hope Springs Review
 
 
It’s never too late to chase what you really want in life whether it is restoring intimacy in your marriage and vacationing in a small town called Great Hope Springs in Maine. Hope Springs is one of the best films of the year and a cinematic rarity that delivers to its target audience: mature ladies. This film will go above your expectations for a romance-comedy.
 
Kay and Arnold (Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones) have been married for thirty-one years and they’ve lost the spark in their marriage. They live in Omaha, sleep in separate beds and have a sexless marriage. Kay wants to reignite the spark and she’s tired of their routine – she makes Arnold eggs and bacon, he eats breakfast and reads the newspaper and heads off to work. Kay visits a local bookstore where she discovers a book by Dr. Bernie Feld (Steve Carell). She buys the book and starts reading it in bed.
 
In her separate bedroom, Kay visits Dr. Feld’s website where he says “It’s never too late…” Kay is convinced so she buys the intensive couples therapy and plane tickets. She then has to persuade Arnold and he’s skeptical about it. Arnold wants to make Kay happy so he goes on the plane with her to Maine. Once Kay and Arnold are there, they go to the therapy sessions and try their best.
 
When it’s almost too late, Arnold realizes he has to appreciate his wife more and vice versa. The end sequences are the most touching and heartfelt.
 
Streep and Jones are almost perfect as the couple. Streep makes the film realistic in every sequence. Jones make the couples therapy like a chore with an attitude. Carell is spectacular at being serious with delivering some laughs. His performance may be the most surprising of them all.
 
Hope Springs delivers strong messages. Don’t take your spouse for granted. Appreciate your spouse because he\she is standing up for you no matter what. Always love your spouse with vibrant feelings. Sex isn’t the only thing in marriage. It’s the love that makes a marriage.
 
Hope Springs is filled with sincerity and heart. It makes you have hope for Kay and Arnold and this is its strongest suit. You must realize there are challenges in every marriage and overcoming them with your spouse will make you stronger as a couple. It proved this without giving a lecture.
 
Hope Springs will leave you smiling despite its subject-of-matter. In the end, Hope Springs is pure entertainment for an underserved audience who so deserve it. B+
 
* * *
 
 
I'm seeing the highly anticipated The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey tomorrow!
Have you seen The Hobbit yet?
 
 
I'm not participating in The Hobbit Blogfest hosted by Tyrean and Mary.
I want to make note that The Hobbit is in theatres NOW!
Go and see it!
 
Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Tommy Lee Jones just rocks. He's up for a Golden Globe for his performance in Lincoln.
    Just got back from seeing The Hobbit - it was great! A little too long but otherwise awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a trailer for Hope Springs and it made me giggle, so, yeah, I wanna see that. And I'll go to see The Hobbit next week when the crowds die down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really a movie-goer, but Hope Springs sounds like a movie I could watch.
    A great line up too... Meryl Streep has got to be one of THE best female actresses of our time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the kind of movie I would love and my guys would hate...but hey a girl needs a break from super heroes sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should see it just for the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an amazing movie.

    I want to go see The Hobbit, but first things first: Skyfall. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can it get any better than Tommy Lee Jones and Meryl Streep?! I'd watch them do anything! (Well, okay, almost anything). Thanks for sharing this for the Deja Vu Blogfest. I'll definitely be watching this from home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to watch both movies. Meryl Streep is one of my favorite actresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw The Hobbit! It was quite good. I enjoyed it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the movie review. I think I'll add this one to my Netflix queue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'd forgotten about Hope Springs! I really wanted to see it when I first saw the previews. It does look good. :) Thanks for reminding me of it!

    ReplyDelete