Thursday, November 29, 2012

You Got the Look Meme and Announcements

If you're looking for the Day Laughs, Night Cries Virtual Book Tour post, please click here.
 
* * *
 
By Tara Tyler
 
I received this meme twice! I was speechless!
Thank you Sherry and Ilima!
I'm not doing the meme right now, but in the future.
 
* * *
 
My Slow Growing Inspiration
I usually write nonfiction.
I finally have some inspiration to write fiction.
This online writing community is very effective!
 
I won't officially announce it now.
I don't know if it's true or not.
Are you playing games with me or what?
It's never too late to try something new.
I will try to write fiction once I'm in the mood to write.
 
One of my New Year's resolutions!
It better come true because I love this community!
Just keep on giving a ton of encouragement and I think it will happen.
I'm not forcing it to happen, but it would be a miracle from heaven!
 
Thank you for sharing all your success stories with me!
You're giving me hope!
Maybe more hope than I expected.
 
* * *
 
Blogosphere Announcements

 
Julie Luek, author of A Thought Grows is looking for a critique partner.
 
Pitch
Piper Flemming, 45, is stuck in a stale marriage until she discovers a recipe for an herbal tea with aphrodisiac powers, stuck between the pages of an old botany book that once belonged to Abigail Warren, a pioneer who lived and loved in the 1800s. The lives of these two women, more than a century apart, entwine over a steamy cup of tea as both must decide if the brew's power will be used to heal their marriages, thrust them into the arms of another man, or if ultimately, the power of love rests only in the heart.

Critique Partners
I am looking for a Critique Partner. If you liked the story idea, (no, please, don't let me hear crickets), I am seeking a CP to give me honest feedback about plot, pacing, characters, etc. I'm not seeking line-by-line and grammar editing at this point, so you don't necessarily need that skill base or to be that attentive. If you're interested, drop me a note at jincomt@gmail.com. I am happy to return the favor!

The Big Announcement
Alex J. Cavanaugh's novel CassaStorm is going to be published! The projected release date is September 2013!
 
You rock Ninja Captain Alex!
 
* * *
 
My Announcements
I'm a semi-finalist in Karen's Annual Blog Awards!
Alex J. Cavanaugh nominated me for Best New Blog!
Thank you Alex!
Now I should begin preparing my acceptance speech!
 
I won two books on Thursday, November 28!
I'm very excited to read them!
 
Thank you Nancy for Anticipation of the Penitent!
Thank you Tyrean and Emily for Only Angels Are Bulletproof!
 
I never expected to win giveaways!
Now I have and still can't believe it!

I'm very busy with my family right now, but next year I should get a chance to devour your writing.

16 comments:

  1. I bet you'll write an awesome story when you are ready, Livia. And practice that speech, because you're going to win.
    And thanks for mentioning my next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a semi-finalist - you and your blog definitely deserve it. You've made an awesome job of it here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the blog award!
    *Everyone go vote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, if you do decide to write that fictional story. Writing fiction is a lot of fun. :)

    Congrats on being a semi-finalist! So much great news going around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being a semi finalist in the blog awards.

    Winning giveaways is fun and a nice surpise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! I'm looking forward to reading some of your writing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, Livia! So much awesomeness to be had. And I agree. You're an incredible blogger. So glad to have made your acquaintance so soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome that Alex nominated you! You totally deserve it. I'm so excited for our fiction adventure. Tee-hee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Critique partners are very important. I'll be looking for a few early 2012. Good luck with the family stuff and the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much good news here! Congrats to you and Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can do it, Livia! Congrats on your nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Major congrats on the nomination, Livia. That's quite an accomplishment! Here's to hoping Julie finds the perfect critique partners (and yes, that's plural.) And I'm doing a celebratory dance (virtually) in honor of that CassaStorm author. What was his name again? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations. (and to Alex on the book).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Livia-- Thanks for the mention I did get a couple suckers..er... volunteers so thank you for the kind mention and the, well, BIG picture!

    I'm so excited that you are going to put your talent into a fiction piece. Yes ma'am!

    Congratulations to Alex on the book.

    And a big YOU ROCK on your nomination, Livia. Most awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You seem like you've been here forever, Livia. Can't imagine blogosphere without you. :D

    ReplyDelete