Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cheers, Cavanaugh Blogfest and Finding Claire Fletcher Book Trailer

 
The wait is over! This event is going to be epic! It will go down in the history books!
 
We're giving a tribute to our Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh on December 10-12! Alex has made a huge significance in this online writing community and continues to do so. Thank you Alex!
 
It's time to celebrate our Ninja Captain Alex, the blogging Santa Claus (said by Pk Hrezo) who delivers comments to our blogs every day! Let me emphasize that again: Alex comments on my blog every day! Thank you so much, Alex! I adore your comments!
 
I'm participating in the Cheers, Cavanaugh Blogfest on December 10! See you all on December 10-12! Let the fun begin!
 
*dances to the Ninja music*
 
* * *
 
I'm pumped up for this blogfest, so I'll tell you what I think about Alex beforehand! I'll give you some pre-blogfest stories and thoughts!
 
Alex is awesome! Do I have to say more? No, I don't. Everyone knows him around here!
 
My Short Alex Story
I usually read Alex's blog first thing in the morning (while I'm in bed or getting ready to begin my day) and comment on his blog later on in the evening. I always comment on his blog every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'm pretty good on my attendance! I adore Alex! Who wouldn't?
 
My Short Alex Lecture
Alex brightens my day and when I think about him, I always have a smile on my face. Alex is the King of the Blogosphere! Alex dominates this writing community and makes it thrive. He makes us who we are as writers and bloggers. We get to know Alex as a friend, on a personal level. I feel like I know Alex despite I haven't met him in person yet.
 
I cherish Alex's posts on his blog and comments on my blog. Alex has touched my heart and changed my life. I don't know how Alex has changed my life yet. I'm still figuring out that puzzle yet.
 
Yes, I think about Alex at random times during the day! You may have the "Ninja Alex Effect" after you read his blog every week. It takes awhile to kick in but you'll definitely feel it. It's a great feeling and I love it! Keep reading his blog!
 
Please visit Alex if you haven't already! Get to know the Ninja Captain and let him enter your life. Alex will sprinkle fairy dust if you give him a chance! I gave him a chance and never looked back since!
 
* * *
 
THE BIG EVENT
Cheers, Cavanaugh Blogfest
 
Ever attended a Christmas party where you bump into the person who was always there for you during the last year. You’d thank them for being such a RockStar, right?
 
If there’s one person in the Blogisfear who you want to say cheers to, who would it be?
 
For us, it was a no-brainer: Alex "no hyperlink needed" Cavanaugh.
 
Alex is an awesome blogger who’s helped hundreds of us via book releases, guest posts, guest interviews and always positive comments. While we can’t have a live part-ay for the Ninja Captain, we can host a BlogFest:
 
Welcome to the “Cheers, Cavanaugh BlogFest.”
 
Hosted by Mark Koopmans, Morgan Shamy,  Stephen Tremp and David Powers King and the Blogfest runs from December 10-12.
 
While Alex is an awesome blogger, he’s also an enigma.
 
So, here’s four questions
~
In +/- 20 words, what does Alex look like?
~In +/- 20 words, who could play Alex in a documentary? (Living or dead.)
~In +/- 20 words, who does Alex remind you of?
~In +/- 100 words, (excluding the title) write flash fiction using all these prompts:
Cavanaugh
Ninja
IWSG
Cosbolt
Guitar
 
For Bonus Points
In +/- 40 words, leave a comment for Mrs. Cavanaugh - thanking her for sharing
 
Rules
~
Join the Linky List
~
Be a follower.
~
Post your 200 (total) word contribution Monday, Dec. 10.
~
Have Fun!
 
Two winners – chosen by Alex – will each win one prize:
 
FIRST PLACE: A signed copy of CassaStar. (Or CassaFire)
 
GRAND PRIZE: A picture of Alex and a download of him playing the guitar. (There might be another prize… all depends!)
 
One caveat: Alex asks the picture or download NOT be shared online.
 
* * *
 
Finding Claire Fletcher Book Trailer Reveal!
 
 
This was overlooked yesterday, so I'm giving another shout-out.
 
Finding Claire Fletcher by Lisa Regan will be released by Sapphire Star Publishing on Thursday, December 6! I'm hosting the Finding Claire Fletcher Blog Tour on Wednesday, December 19!
 
Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. Dear Livia,

    You are *so* kind to highlight AlexFest (yes, that's the official nickname, thanks to Morgan Shamy :)

    I cannot wait for December 10 either - but today will be fun, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Livia, if that is the 'pre,' I'm going to melt from embarrassment the day of the blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for alex! great idea isnt it!?

    and yesterday's post by jeff was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An Alex blogfest ... I love it! :-D Very sweet words about our Ninja Captain (oh Captain!) as well. Happy Thanksgiving Livia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex rocks! :)

    And what a great trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool trailer. I'm going to have to do one of those one of these days. Maybe use those little LEgo people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah AlexFest! Alex is one of a kind for sure. :D
    And I really like that trailer.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Livia. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex has done so much for people. The blogfest should be done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool trailer! :) Wait. Can I say that? LOL

    I can't wait for the blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the shout-out! I think the blogfest honoring Alex is a fabulous idea and so well-deserved! He's a pillar of our community! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete