Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Welcome to “Leave it to Livia”

Welcome to “Leave it to Livia”. This post will give you an overview of what to expect and my intent for the blog.

I have thought about blogging for awhile since I am an aspiring writer. The time is right. I’ve been writing for the past three years and I’ve written for two low key publications. There is always a purpose behind everything. This blog is for me to gain a wider audience. The Blogosphere is the way to share my opinion.

With the internet and whole shebang, might as well take advantage of it. I will write on this blog once a week. I will try to write more than once a week during the summer.

I will give you useful and reliable film reviews of current theatrical releases and the latest movie news – most of the time. I will give occasional DVD reviews meaning I review the film on DVD. I will give you occasional book and music reviews. I will also write my opinions on the entertainment industry. I will write about what’s going on in my life on occasion so this blog won’t feel clichéd.

I use this grading system as follows in my reviews

A, A- = great film. See it in theater.
 
B+, B, B- = good film. See it in theater.
 
C+, C, C- = average film. You make the decision to see it or not in theater. 85% of the time I hand out these grades to films in reviews.

D+, D, D- = terrible film. Don’t see it in theater.
 
F = a nightmare. Don't see it in theater.

The grade will be in bold at the end of each review.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! You know I'm all for more about movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete